Thursday, November 15, 2007

what is 'normal', anyways?

I am working my way through my Xmas makes list:
  • ammonite for T done
  • hat for sis boyf done
  • socks for mum done
  • golf club covers for dad (not actually sure about this one, dad is incredibly fussy and not sure if he'd use them)
  • socks for E
  • dalek for O (all the crochet is finished, I just have to do some modifications to incorporate a dalek sound maker before stuffing it)
  • hat for R (on the needles, to be knit in seekrit when on train trips etc)
  • felted tea cozies for various peeps (2 made and awaiting felting, more to make if time)
  • hat for C
  • socks (done) and hat for sis
On Saturday I finished sis's hat in black chunky yarn, then moved onto making the same hat for C but in a light olivey-green aran weight cashmere merino. After a few rounds I felt something wasn't right and stopped work on it. Picked up the work again last night and realised the yarn just didn't want to be a hat, it wanted to be a cute scarf instead.

Perhaps not everyone communes with their yarn but like I say, what's this 'normal' people talk about?

No comments: