Friday, February 23, 2007

another week another gain

Blurgh inspite of my good intentions, a combination of London and TOTM has given me a gain of 3 lb this week. Oh well at least I will be mainly at home for the next few weeks so can get back to trying to learn how to eat like a normal person.

And Friday wouldn't be Friday without my GTD review. In some ways I find the weekly review the hardest part (well apart from actually doing the work) and am still playing around with how I do it. At the moment I
  • make a cup of tea
  • process anything outstanding in my in-tray
  • pull out all my @action files and my project files, open up my email folders and 43things
  • get out last week's project/review list
  • look at my diary for the week/s ahead
  • work through my paper & email folders, checking for things done and things outstanding
  • synchronise my main diary (sunbird) with my paper diary and the family calendar
  • list my ongoing projects and note the 'next action', highlighting the things I really need to move on in the coming week
  • make sure the reminders are put in the proper place in the system - eg putting a bill in my tickler file so it 'pops up' when I need to pay it, noting it on a post-it and sticking it to the right list (eg calls)
  • put all my folders away again
  • have another cup of tea
One thing I know I need to work on is my longer term planning. I'm getting pretty good at next actioning stuff but many projects also needs some work on planning them out. That's something I'm going to work on this week.

And because I know how fascintating all this gtdness is, here are some photos to go with it:

project/review/action listnotebooksPhotobucket - Video and Image Hostingpost itstickler file

More stationery news: I am currently in love with the Paperchase's stripey range.
my stripey stationery

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, I spotted your comment about an interview with Merlin Mann, and your request for help organizing your Weekly Review. Pardon my presumption, but I did a post on this a little while ago, with worksheets to help you keep things in focus.

Let me know what you think.