Thursday, May 20, 2004

Bike maintenance class last night. We were learning how to replace brake cables, and my bike was one of the ones selected to practice on. I feel like I am the only person in the class who hasn't got a 'proper' bike. I know my bike is a cheap piece of crap, it was a bit of an impulse buy and yes it was v cheap and no it doesn't fit me properly and yes its cheapness (combined with my vast weight but everyone was too polite to actually say that) means that bits of it have gone out of true but hey it gets me about and I haven't got the several hundred ££ required to get me a proper one right now. So it'll have to do.

Mind you R has applied for some jobs recently whhooo so fingers crossed, touch wood etc, cos if he gets one I can get a new bike whoo. Oh yesh and we can also buy food and pay bills and such without worrying about the card machines making those funny Homer Simpson noises.

Off to town now to pay bills boo and then buy brake cables (need to do my front ones and all of R's) yay. I can show off in the bike shop ie not look flummoxed/offended when asked what kind of nipples I have (barrel, since you're asking) and converse knowledgeably about teflon lined outers. Which will earn me the right to half an hours looking at shiny things and some glossy catalogues to take home hurrah.

No comments: