Saturday, July 02, 2005

it had to happen

sooner or later I knew it would happen, but it still hurts when your child criticises you for being fat. I asked O why he plays games with N's mum but bans me from his games. "She's not so fat as you" was the answer. I don't think that's really the reason (and I'm certainly fitter than N's "greener than thou has a bike but drives 2 miles to the organic shop" mum). But it is true and it hurts.

On a happier note, in between feeding kids and trips to the park, I've been looking for where we should go on holiday. It's not certain we can go - R has to pay a lot of travel expenses for conferences up front, and if he doesn't get the money back in time we won't be able to afford to go anywhere - but hopefully we will be able to stretch to a week's camping. I now have my heart set on going to this part of Pembrokeshire, there is perfect sounding campsite there.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'm sorry...hearing that must have been hard.