Thursday, February 05, 2004

So. Belly Dancing. Not just any old belly dancing mind, this was Tribal Belly Dance with an Edge apparently. A new experience. Very much a free your mind and your ass will follow experience. My mind has a long way to go and my ass further yet.

I saw a poster for it at the leisure centre and decided to give it a try, partly because it looked fun, partly because I know I ought to do more weight bearing exercise (good for the bones) but mainly because when I told my sis I was thinking of trying it she said I must, just think what fun I can have belly dancing on tables when drunk.

For me it was better than a conventional exercise class because you don't need to buy any exercise clothes or trainers, and the music's way better than the usual crap you hear pumping out of 'work out studios'. It was also interesting how mixed the class was, I imagine more diverse than your usual work out crowd. I enjoyed it a lot, tho it's gonna take me a while to get the hang of it. I think I need to put Terry Hall & Mushtaq on and practise in the living room.

Weigh in day tomorrow (Friday). Hmmm.

No comments: