Monday, November 08, 2004

if at first you don't succeed ... move the goalposts

I am not keeping up to my plan right now. Part of me, my Inner Fat Girl (nods to Shrinking Gurl), is telling me "well, look, you can't keep to that, it's too hard so you may as well give up now". But I have an Inner Slim Fit Girl struggling to get out, and she says that if I can't do the full plan, I could do an easier version of it for a while, which would at least keep me in some kind of focus. So here goes ...

Daily
  • calorie count! - weigh and write down what I eat calorie count as much as possible, but not mind giving up if the numbers get too depressing that day
  • aim to eat 1500 - 1750 1750 - 2000 calories per day
  • drink at least 1 litre of water a day
  • eat no crisps
  • drink no sugary fizzy drinks
  • think before eating - am I really hungry? what will this food do for me?
  • eat at least 3 pieces of fruit a day (together with the veggies I usually get at meal times, that will put me on target for 'Five a Day')
  • remember to suck my tummy in as much as possible!

  • try and reflect on how eating cr@p food affects me - how I feel when I'm eating it, after I've eaten it, next day, etc

Weekly
  • exercise for at least 30 minutes, 5 3 days out of 7, normally to include including at least 2 from:
    • 1 aquarobics session
    • 1 belly dance class
    • 1 swim
    • do my belly dance video once a week
  • walk for 30 mins, at least 3 days a week
  • go by bike (instead of car/bus) whenever practical
  • do something active with O every weekend (eg bike ride, walk, go swimming)
  • weigh myself once a week only, on Monday mornings

Monthly
  • lose 1 lb a week on average (the 'pound a week' club) lose whatever I lose, and be happy not to gain
  • set a monthly challenge


Other News: Dead Ringers, while funnier on t'wireless, is the highlight of my Monday. Doctor Who on the Eurostar, Dubya's Bushisms and alternatively as Beavis/Butthead, v funny. But the Cheyney sketch was just scarey.

1 comment:

Keith Horowitz said...

I'm glad to see that your are adjusting your expectations to a happier, less stressful level!

I'm glad you are sticking with it! You can do it!