Saturday, February 19, 2005

being good

We'd been planning to eat at the local caff tonight (I've been saving my points up for it) but for some unknown reason it was shut. In a fit of lethargy we failed to think of anywhere else to go and so ended up in Pizza Hut. Where I was a good gurl. No starter, had a salad from the salad bar and didn't chose anything with mayo/dressing on, had thin based pizza, didn't have pudding. Actually I had (just) enough points for pudding but decided the ones they had were insufficiently tempting. O and R had starters and pudding (O adores the ice-cream factory thingy) while I sipped my diet coke. And I didn't even feel deprived (well not much).

So, I is feeling smug. I'd like to think I have finally cracked this dieting mularky, and being in the presence of temptation holds no fears for me. Grim reality tells me that this is bollox, of course. Just because the eating demons are awol tonight, doesn't mean they've gone for good. But one day, maybe, I will get to the point where food doesn't always haunt and stalk me (or me it).

I love Diet Girl's recent post, which kind of relates to this stuff.
I used to be really dedicated to my fat. I put so much effort into collecting it.

That really made me sit up and think. I do spend alot of time serving my fat. Going out and getting it special food, even. I need to give that kind of time and effort to Slim Me, not Fat Me.

One small thing to be thankful for, I have always taken my coffee as it comes, no milk no sugar. That was never a dieting choice, just how I like it. I am now so glad I never got the latte-frappucino bug (truth be told, I am a bit of a coffee snob - fave de jour Zapatista coffee as served at local caff). Imagine not being able to get your daily caffeine fix cos it's stuffed with calories. Ouch.

1 comment:

M@rla said...

I feel the same way - glad I never got into the gourmet coffee craze. I have one cup in the morning at home - medicinal. Probably save a lot of money as well as calories that way.