Monday, February 07, 2005

saturday boys and girls

But I never made the first team,
I just made the first team laugh
And she never came to the phone
She was always in the bath

In the end it took me a dictionary
To find out the meaning of unrequited
While she was giving herself for free
At a party to which I was never invited

Unrequited love can be a 'killer'
Flippin 'eck, nearly 20 years since I was a victim of unrequited love and that news story brought it all right back. Ah well. Now I get to spend my life with someone who requites my love and is worthy of it.

My love he speaks like silence,
Without ideals or violence,
he doesn't have to say he's faithful,
Yet he's true, like ice, like fire.
People carry roses,
Make promises by the hours,
My love he laughs like the flowers,
Valentines can't buy him.



(Yes I is having a blasts from the past singer-songwriter mp3 fest today. There may be some Michelle Shocked related posting later - I think I'm a housewife).

2 comments:

Trinity said...

unrequieted love is my middle name...names. Did I spell that right?

clarrie said...

You need to take lessons from my mum, Virtue is her middle name. Honestly it is (and she's still not forgiven her parents for it).