Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I knew there was something else

Jude's comment reminded me of some more reservations I had about going to WW. Apart from the cost and the clash with aquarobics.

1) Being the fattest person there. I'm not actually sure why this matters. Sure there will be skinnies there desperate to lose a whole half a stone. But there'll be other big girls there too, won't there? Thing is, it's not like I'm going to be sitting there looking at anyone who happens to be bigger than me thinking 'omg what a fattie'. So why should I think they'd think that about me? I am paranoid that it will be all skinnies and me.

2) Getting weighed. Particularly getting weighed in the evening, with all my clothes on, I am bound to weigh heavier than 'normal'. Again, this is irrational. When you're my kind of weight, a few pounds here or there doesn't make much difference. It's the direction the scales head in, rather than the specific numbers, that matters.

Perhaps I am just scared of something new. Or scared of failing in such a public arena. Whatever, I'm going to go along tomorrow and see what happens. And bitch about the skinnies when I get back.

5 comments:

Jude said...

i was the fattest im used to it!!!! didnt matter as i overtook a few and felt smug ha

Anonymous said...

clarrie, don't be scared of those silly goats at WW. as long as you remember you're smarter than they are and come back here and bitch about it, it can be helpful and motivation to go. knowing you have to go get weighed every week, or at least give it a go and maybe later you could follow you own thing. my first night at WW was a disaster - I was too big for the scale until they fetched the Extra Weight and only then did i get the GREAT news that i was 25 stone, and then i cried while still on the scale... but it's all downhill (in the good way) from there :)

good luck! (dg)

Stephen said...

Tsk, you're gorgeous whatever your weight - it's not being happy with it and wanting to do something about it that counts. So who cares if you are the heaviest (I'd be surprised if you are) just go for it, and give it a whirl. After all, if you try it and it doesn't do it, at least you tried. If you do nothing, you'll always wonder...

Jude said...

i have another skinnies comment!

when i (we) first went to fat club two women came in and we were all OMG WHY ARE THEY THERE? THEY ARE THIN! then we found out they had lost 4 stone and 8 stone. i am not saying there won't be annoying 'i need to lose a pound' types but some will have been fat once.

Jude said...

this post makes me look bad anyway. :( i am supportive i dont scare ppl about fat clubs :p