Friday, October 15, 2004

I'm bored

Weighed self today, lost nowt. Not surprising. I'm bored of this dieting thing now. That's always a danger for me, getting bored and the novelty wears off and then I can't be arsed with it anymore. The question is, am I prepared to put the effort and energy into getting things moving again? And the answer is, I don't know.

I'm fed up of working at things. I don't mean physical work, I mean the emotional and psychological work I'd have to do to change how I eat. I feel like I already have to work hard at what I've got on now - caring for my family, staying sane, staying stopped smoking. I don't know if I want to be making an effort in every corner of my life. Aren't I entitled to veg out a bit in some areas? That's what my inner binger keeps telling me.

I know this is junkie thinking. I don't know if I want to do the work to change it.

2 comments:

Trinity said...

hmmm forget the DIET and eat properly. I don't mean binge on chocolate and crisps.
Hmmm boredom? well I'm coming next week and that won't be boring. Life is repetative. Then when it gets all freaky and vile we wish it was quiet again.
Fickle creatures.

clarrie said...

eat normally? that's the trouble, I can't. I can eat normally at meal times but at ohter times, I take refuge in snacks.