Friday, September 24, 2004

best laid plans

Buggrit. I've just got an email reminding me of long-standing arrangement to meet friends tomorrow night. For a curry. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. I can't cry off, it's to say bye-bye to a friend who is emigrating to Canada next month and will be our last chance to see her before she goes. I love curry but it means approx 373, 000 extra calories. OK well I suppose I can economise some by not having lassi, and passing on the popaddoms. I could even not have naan bread ... or have plain rice instead of pilau [1].... no, that's thinking the unthinkable. As is forgoing paneer if tis on the menu. Oh lordy, why I am so weak ... ?


handy curry glossary for the uninitiated

[1] not that I have 1 whole naan and 1 whole serving of rice to myself, I wish to make clear - R and I usually share them between us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooohhh it's just one curry, and a farewell curry at that! dig in, i say :)